To get Foot IK working for MetaHumans:
- Go to the skeletal mesh and create the following three virtual bones
|Virtual Bone||Parent Bone|
The bone hierarchy should then look like the image below
- Next we need to duplicate the Control Rig at
/Content/Characters/Mannequins/Rigs/CR_Mannequin_BasicFootIK.uassetto a suitable location.
- Open the duplicated Control Rig.
- In the
Rig Hierarchymenu on the left hand side of the duplicated , we need to refresh the Skeleton based of our MetaHuman
- Next select the new virtual bones in the nodes - Modify Transform, Full Body IK and Foot Trace in the corresponding node graph.
- Compile and save this duplicated Control Rig.
- Finally, in your Animation Blueprint's Control Rig node, select the duplicated one as the value for "Control Rig Class".